What are the benefits of bringing your pet to work?
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues to upend our lives, many of us have found ourselves working from home far more than we ever have before. And while there are certainly challenges that come with this new way of life, there are also some definite perks – like being able to bring our furry friends to work with us!
NatrixOne has always encouraged employees to bring their four-legged friends to work, finding that dogs bring social support to employees while also providing opportunities for collaboration across teams. In addition to NatrixOne’s commitment to the health and wellbeing of their employees, NatrixOne is also committed to the health of their dogs. As we start to return to normal, setting a new standard for how businesses can create a healthier and more productive workplace is important to Us.
There are number of reasons why dogs make great office mates. For one, they can help reduce stress and provide social support for employees who may be feeling isolated or anxious. Dogs also have a way of breaking down barriers between people and promoting collaboration across teams. In fact, a recent study found that dog-friendly workplaces are actually more productive than those without furry friends!
Of course, it’s important to make sure that both you and your dog are comfortable with the arrangement before bringing him or her to the office. And if you do decide to go this route, be sure your dog can remain calm and quiet in busy environments. With a little planning and preparation, you can create a workplace that is fun for everyone – including your four-legged friend!
Dogs bring social support to employees while also providing opportunities for team collaboration that might otherwise not happen. The human-animal bond is something that has long been studied. It’s hard to look at your dog and not smile. Its presence only makes us happy. Why is that, you ask? Well, some of it is just that they are so darn cute and funny, but there is some science behind it, too.
Let’s talk about the science for a second. What happens to us internally to make the bond with our pet so strong? Studies have shown that multiple hormones are released when pets are around us.
- Oxytocin – This is a hormone that is released in the brain and causes increased maternal responses. It plays a role in socialization, helps relieve stress, and allows us to create strong bonds. Physical contact with animals allows release of this hormone and is shown to decrease anxiety and stress as well. This is where the therapy dogs and emotional support animals help people.
- Cortisol and Epinephrine – These are stress hormones that are released in both animals and humans when interactions occur. The release of these hormones can have a positive effect on the cardiovascular system and blood pressure.
Having animals around has been shown to produce the following health benefits:
- Can help the recovery from major orthopedic surgeries
- Decreased pain in fibromyalgia patients
- Increased socialization in children of the autism spectrum
- Improved moods and motivation in cancer patients
- Decreases blood pressure
- Increased survival rates in heart attack patients
- Decrease risk of cardiovascular events
So, keep your pets around and enjoy them while they help keep you healthy. You will also see improved health in your four-legged friends. In a 2016 survey of pet owners conducted by the Human-Animal Bond Research Institute, 74% of pet owners reported mental health improvements from pet ownership, and 75% reported that a friend’s or family member’s mental health had improved from pet ownership.
#shopsmall #shoplocal #inthistogetherohio #omega3 #omegas #jointhealth #omega6 #vitaminoil #polyphenols #doghealth #healthydog #vegandog #inflammation #dogsofinstagram #dogsofinsta #dogsofcincy #camelina #doglover #dogsofig #natrixone #healthypets
What Our Happy Customers Think about NatrixOne
4.9 out of 5 stars based on 90 customer reviews
Read more read less - Sandy Barron - 11/05/2021 -
Read more read less - Jana Heft - 7/01/2020